Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Very cold here in RVA! A good day for a lady's vintage wrap, like a white fur muff to keep the hands warm.

Sadly, I don't have one of those.

I did score some very pretty gloves yesterday, at my own antique mall.

You know that I sell at Oddballs Antiques, right here in RVA. Yesterday, I went in to put Christmas away and look for SALES. I was hoping  some of my fellow dealers had decided to put their amazing vintage Christmas collections at 50% off.

I have had my eye on some unique elves and a few vintage fashion items for myself. Unfortunately, none of those things were marked down.  I will keep waiting and hopefully patience will pay off. I
could give those elves such a loving home...

I zeroed in on booths offering 40 to 50% off. I did find a Marx dollhouse which, at 50% off, would be $45.00. I debated and finally left it there. Should I go back and grab it?  All advice is appreciated.

I did find one lovely bit of treasure... a pair of formal Kay Fuchs gloves,    over the elbow length, in pale pink satin. Made in Western Germany. They are really scrumptious, with rhinestone buttons on the backs of the wrists. So very feminine and classy! And they weren't even discounted! But the price was right, nevertheless.

After working in my booth for an hour and a half, these were a worthy reward.


No comments:

Post a Comment