Saturday, January 9, 2016

 A cloudy day in RVA. A good day to stay home, store vintage Christmas decorations, and organize the basement.

I have reached the point that all true hoarders reach someday ---my basement has become one of my favorite places to look for treasure.

Its so great to be looking for something and find something else entirely! Its always a good time investment --- even if the best you find is junk to throw away and old sweaters to pass along to the homeless shelter.

I have now lived in this house for 15 years, but some of the boxes in my basement were moved ,
unpacked, from my last house. So the possibilities are really endless.

Today's haul included: a tiny German bisque baby that I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. Did I buy her during a wild night of drinking when my memory was impaired? Also, an old Valentine card belonging to my dear neighbor who recently died, a box of vintage costume jewelry that I am supposed to be selling for another  neighbor (oops), my Weight Watchers booklet from 1995, and a box of great old toys.

Such fun and the price is definitely right!


No comments:

Post a Comment