Thursday, November 5, 2015



WOW! Over 2 weeks without a post, which means, sadly, more than 14 days with no vintage shopping!

It has been a busy time ---  Halloween, getting my dad to some doctor's appointments, and gathering coats for needy kids. That shopping was fun!

Today is a rainy morning in RVA, and it seemed a good time to cover another of my favorite kinds of shopping, and the only kind that I have done lately: internet shopping.

An entirely different feel than searching a dim and dirty basement for treasure, but a treasure hunt nevertheless.

I don't mean buying a tablet from Amazon. I love buying from individuals online, and my favorite  sources are Etsy and Ebay.

Amazing how one can have a personal shopping experience with an individual across the country or the world, but it happens  many many times every day.

The internet has the distinct advantage of global searching; if you are craving a vintage felt elf with a gold suit for under $15, just put it in your search engine and get happy.

In the past week of busy days, I have found time for 2 internet purchases, and both qualify as  successful treasure hunts.

I bought a group of vintage knee hugger elves from ninermont on Ebay. Great seller with fair prices and reasonable shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/254134849/vintage-christmas-elf-gold-foil-knee?ref=shop_home_feat_4


I also found a fabulous  etsy shop called Red Sled ornaments where a talented artist named Judi makes ornaments starting with images from old Christmas cards and postcards. Really attractive and fair pricing. Her shipping charge is the same for 1 ornament or 5, so  why buy only one?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedSledOrnaments


So, for those of you who don't share my joy in getting your hands dirty while shopping, check out treasures online.

Just not at work...



No comments:

Post a Comment