Friday, October 16, 2015

Happy Friday to all! Should be a good weekend for estate sales, yard sales, and general treasure hunting.

I have had fun shopping this week in the houses of two friends.

One is downsizing due to illness; a friend and I have helped her get ready for a sale of her many antiques. I'm happy to report that the sale was a grand success.

And some pretty things came to live at my house: celluloid jewelry, doilies, Flow Blue, and lots of vintage baby girl items.

It was great to help her and shop at the same time. I especially enjoyed rooting around in the attic! 



Another friend is divesting herself of 40 years of collectibles, stored in her attic.

I am no longer a fan of Hallmark ornaments from the 80's and resin Halloween figures, but I climbed the attic stairs, determined to find SOMETHING interesting.

I was rewarded with some great items to consign for my friend --- an old coat rack, shabby vintage cookie cutters, and a ton old Shiny Brite Christmas balls.





SO... a 2 attic week! I call that a rare opportunity. I had a ball and hopefully helped some friends out as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment